Morning routines aren’t the only thing you need to set yourself up for a great day. My evening routine is also essential to making sure I’m ready for action. It’s been tweaked a bit over time, but here are the main steps I do on most evenings:
- Wear my blue-light blocking orange sunglasses for an hour or more before bed. These are ugly, but I think they work. The idea is to put them on as soon as the sun goes down, and I try to do just that.
- Take a shower before bed. It’s just something I like doing. I have a friend in Singapore who swears she won’t get into her bed without showering. I’m not that intense, but it’s a nice idea.
- Spray Magnesium oil on the bottom of my feet. Magnesium helps with sleep, so this is a great step.
- Put Peace and Calming essential oil on my shoulders. I love this essential oil, and got hooked on it when my friend Crystal wrote on her blog about using it. I asked her about and she sent me some!
- Apply Night Night Balm on my hands. My friend Lara has used this forever, and when we spent a year traveling the world she brought it along.
- Light a candle while I read. A fun, ritual thing. I also love buying candles, this is a chance to use them.
So there you have it. It’s not super fancy, but I do think it works to help me sleep better, and wake up more rested.
Do you do anything special at night to set you up for the day? I’m always looking for new ideas!