I got a lot of responses. Most of them were sales. And then a few questions.
- My BFF asked, “How did you choose $11? Explain.”
- A reader asked, “I want to sell an ebook but have no idea what price I could get for it. Did you worry that $11 for 10 ebooks was too low and would de-value them?”
- Another reader asked, “Can you help me price my new ebook? I have no idea if it should be $2.99, $3.99, $4.99, or $5.99. What are the pros and cons?”
All of these are good questions.
And by good questions, I mean questions I do not know the answer to.
Because if there is one thing I can be honest about in this world, it’s this: I pulled the $11 number out of hat. Not literally, because I don’t wear hats (well, I do, but only on beaches). But figuratively. Basically, I have no idea why I put $11 as the price for a bundle that individually is worth $40. There was no equation I followed. There was no rhyme or reason. I didn’t even listen to that thing I heard once that you’re supposed to price things with numbers that end in “7”.
I just did it because I wanted to.
And the thing is, I think that’s sometimes a positive thing. It seems a good life policy to not only do things you don’t know how to do, but admit that you don’t know what you’re doing as you do them. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
So is $11 the right number for a 10-ebook sale? Who knows.
So, now that we’re coming clean, is there anything you’ve done in the past week where you realized: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I’M DOING?
What was it? Was it terribly interesting? Then please – oh please! – share.
And if you’re interested in the sale, here’s the info on what ebooks are included (and how to buy), below:
Clicking “Add to Cart” will put all ten in your cart for $11 bucks.
Included in the bundle are the following ebooks:
- The Present Principle: Seven Steps to Life in the Now
- Lead by Morning: 365 Days of the Present Principle
- How to Be Social: A Social Media Manifesto
- How to Be a Morning Person
- Simple Email Success: A Short Happy Guide to Email Mastery
- How to Fundraise on Social Media
- How to Set Up a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog: A Guide to Starting Your Own Blog in 9 Minutes or Less
- How to Travel the World for Less than it Costs to Stay Home: Taking Your Life on the Road at a Price You Can Afford
- How to Work Smarter, Not Harder: On Getting Out of the Grind and Getting More Done
- Make Better Decisions: How to Think Less and Decide More
If sold separately, these would cost more than $40. As I’ve explained, I have no idea why I chose the number $11. But, yeah.
And finally, if you’re interested in signing up as an affiliate to share this deal on your own site (and get 40% of the revenue for every sale you make), sign up here.