Since one of my books is about designing you day, you would think I know how to do it.
To some degree, you would be correct.
Yesterday for example, I managed to do the following things by design:
- Have a relatively productive work day
- Do my expressive writing practice
- Go to lunch with my husband
- Read during the day (I finished Brene Brown’s new AWESOME book: Dare to Lead)
By the end of the day, the following things had happened that were not part of anyone’s design:
- My husband came down with a high fever and stomach virus
- The twins, 2, had tantrums getting into the bath because they wanted their socks on in the water. I acquiesced. Socks were not knocked off. Then, one of them flipped out because he wanted his shoes on to go to sleep, and then the other jumped onto the bad idea wagon train. At this point, the hygiene police would suggest that I made a poor decision. In my defense, SO SO TIRED WAS I.
- Lucia, 4, went to a birthday party, ate a lot of crap, and fell asleep before eating dinner.
- I ate leftover sludge for my evening meal. I call it sludge because that’s what it was.
So what can we learn from all this?
Intentions do something, but they don’t do everything.
That’s what I talked about in my book, Design Your Day, and that’s what my mentor Michael Hyatt is talking about in his free video series, Design Your Life: Goal Setting Secrets to Make 2019 Your Best Year Ever.
The three mini video classes will knock your socks off.
In this free video series, you’ll discover:
- The 3 approaches to life—and how most people are doing it all wrong.
- 3 ingredients that make up your best year ever.
- How you can avoid the 4 common mistakes that derail your goal achievement.
- A proven plan to design your year the way you want.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links but I’m 100% honest in my blinding love. If you sign up for the free video series, you agree to receive relevant emails from Michael Hyatt and yours truly, Claire Diaz-Ortiz.